Toddler Tales Tuesday

Little man recently had his first taste of "solids"- as solid as multi-grain cereal can be anyway. It was a lot of fun to finally try feeding him with a spoon, now that the pediatrician gave us the go ahead. He is such a little man, he actually grabbed the spoon as I was trying to feed him, to feed himself! Babies are pretty smart, and they watch adults. They also instinctively put everything in their mouth, so I guess it isn't such a leap that he did it with a spoon, but I was very impressed nonetheless.



We used the Sassy First Solid Feeding Set, which has a rubbery spoon, so it was ok for little man to bite down on it. He kept trying to swallow from the spoon after he ate everything off of it already- he didn't get it yet that I had to refill it first. He also tried to grab the bowl, which I kept accidentally holding very close to him as I tried to feed him. A few times he tried to blow on the spoon, and the sight of him with multi-grain cereal running down his chin was too cute!

Next we are going to try some veggies, a new food every five days or so.

Comments

  1. Aww how fun! I love first feedings! :D My daughter, like your son, took to it like a duck to water and kept trying to grab the utensils and do it herself. My son however has never really liked food and it's still to this day always a chance whether he wants to eat at all or just squirm away and go play. It's amazing how different 2 siblings can be!
    Do you plan on just having Little Man or do you hope or plan for any more kids in the future? Or if I'm too nosey you can ignore me. :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment