Our Thanksgiving Turkey

Last year on Thanksgiving Day our son was born, at 11:45 pm. This year, we are hosting Thanksgiving, for the first time ever. I won't be making the turkey (I'm not ready for that yet!) but I will be making everything else, including a delicious pumpkin pie and homemade gravy. Thanksgiving falls on different days each year, so little man will turn one the day after Thanksgiving this year.

We'll be celebrating his birthday on the same weekend, and at his party, he'll be the only turkey! We are planning on having balloons, noise makers, things that would thrill kids, and of course ice cream cake. I just can't believe he is already almost one, and that Thanksgiving is just over three weeks away- Where does the time go?

Little man is now putting together stacking toys and LEGO's, his vocabulary includes about eight words, and he walks like a cowboy (bowlegged, lol). This week he suddenly has separation anxiety too- he becomes hysterical when I leave the home for even an hour. While it makes it hard for me to leave, I admit I love being so loved by my little bunchkin. Is that normal?

Comments

  1. That is totally normal. Blaze went through that stage too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And is it normal for me to be flattered and love that he is so attached? *wink* :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment