Love At First Sight

My parents recently celebrated 34 years of marriage.


In that time, they never spent more than two days apart. I don't have any photos of them together handy, so here are pictures of them with little man for now.

They married in 1976, several months after they met. My father saw my mother for the first time at a wedding, from across a crowded room (or so he says) and asked a mutual friend to intervene on his behalf by asking my mother to dance, talking to her about a great guy (my dad), and then my dad would cut in and take over the dance. It all happened as planned, and my father was besotted.

He visited my mother on weekends (they lived in different states) and wanted to take her to another party as his date. My grandfather was not ok with that; there wouldn't be a chaperone, and they were very old-fashioned. He could only take my mother if they were engaged, so my father proposed that day, and he and my mother went to the town's only jewelry shop for her engagement ring. They married a month later, and my mother went to my dad's party, as his date and his wife.

(I was born 11 months later). And the rest is history.....

Comments

  1. Great story! I love to hear of couples who stay committed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet story. I have been married 3 years longer, but our tale is not as sweet as theirs :)
    They look like they are sure loving their time with with lil' man! He must be a big hit with them :) ~hugs, Faythe @GMT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet story.
    When each of your parents is
    looking at your little man -
    you can see the love in their eyes.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Chestnut

    ReplyDelete
  4. They really do love him...and their marriage is an inspiration for me. Thanks ladies!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment