Little Man's First Birthday is Coming!


Little man will be one year old in just a couple of months, and I am trying to decide how to celebrate my first baby's first birthday. I was thinking of inviting family over and
having a dinner, but the work involved would keep me from being able to enjoy celebrating with my son. I thought of going out to dinner as a family (just me, hubby and little man) but that isn't fun for him, and it's his birthday. In the end, I decided to invite the closest family over, including his cousin who is 9 weeks older, get a cake (that he gets to eat a little of), party hats and noise makers, and make it a fun, noisy, tasty event that would thrill a one year old :)

As you can see, in addition to taking recently taking his first steps and biting on everyone with his six teeth, he decided he wants to learn to drive too!

Comments

  1. Daddy, Daddy, it's going to be my birthday.
    Please buy me a race car because I want to play
    the Indy 500 and blow all the other cars away.
    I know I'm only going to be one
    but sitting in a car seat really isn't fun,
    and aren't I your favorite son?
    Zoom, Zoom, Zoom, I can make it go,
    very fast, fast, fast, not slow, slow, slow.
    I know I'm silly I'm catching an early case of Birthday MoJo.
    I can steer the wheel standing up don't you see,
    just a few modifications like pedal extenders up to my knees,
    and an automatic transmission if you please.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment