Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles Forever DVD Review

Remember the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles while growing up? I used to watch them on TV, and was thrilled when they began making movies. My brother collected all the action figured, and I still remember some of the jokes all these years later (old pizza is penicillin, lol). It's now 25 years later, and Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donattelo and Raphael are still around, entertaining a new generation of children by using their martial art talents to battle bad guys.


In honor of their 25th anniversary, Nickelodeon is releasing the popular TV movie Turtles Forever on DVD for the first time ever, starting August 24th. Now you can watch with your children as four mutant turtles, guided by their rat sensei Splinter, face danger and evil doers. In this movie (which my comic book-loving husband loves) the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles travel into multiple dimensions to save themselves from being destroyed when Shredder devises a plan to eliminate them from existence through the Prime Universe. Different versions of the Turtles exist in alternate worlds (including a black and white version), and they unite to work together and stop the evil Shredder and his counterpart, while facing multiple adversaries and challenges along the way.

Turtles Forever is action-packed and fun, and I couldn't help but feel a little nostalgic as I watched it with my husband and son. A lot of the familiar characters show up, and it's even funnier than I remember it as a child, though as a child I never questioned the concept of Ninja Turtles or a rat for a Martial Arts Master, or even that they live in the sewer. Now, I find it even more enjoyable seeing it again as an adult.

Turtles Forever is available on Amazon for pre-order for only $12.49, and will start shipping out on August 24th.

Comments