Veggie Tales! I Get The Hype Now! ~ Review

Veggie Tales Sweet Pea BeautyMaybe I've been living under a rock, but even though I've heard of Veggie Tales and have lots of children in my family, I have never actually seen it or learned what it was about. I was recently contacted to review SweetPea Beauty, and I love this DVD!
It features two short movies for children about inner beauty, as well as a funny infomercial in between (selling pants, lol).

I love Veggie Tales now! I would love to get a bunch of these episodes for little man to watch while growing up. The basic premise of this show is a bunch of vegetables that live on a counter teach children that write in to ask advice about what is important in life, morals, etc. In this particular DVD, a young girl with glasses and braces feels ackward about her looks. The veggies share two tales teaching that inner beauty is what matters. There seems to be a strong Christian theme running through (the King in the Snoodlerella tale seems to be portraying Jesus or at least is speaking Biblically) which is fine with me, since my family prefers to watch more wholesome movies and shows and I didn't even know there were Christian cartoons available (yay!). NBC apparently edits the show to be less "religious" (took out many of the G-d references for example according to Wiki), so if you'd like to have this on the version your children watch, I would definitely recommend buying the DVD.

The animation is great, the characters likeable, and it is FUNNY! I loved the rhyming Snoodlerella tale, I really like the pants infomercial song ("They're pants if you're short and shorts if you're tall!"- you can watch it on youtube), and SweatPea Beauty is a great rendition of Sleeping Beauty, with a twist. So far there are about 40 Veggie Tales episodes available since the release of the popular first episode in 1993 called Where's G-d When I'm S-Scared? I'll probably peruse the selection to find tales that are oriented more to boys, for little man. This is the first DVD they offer just for girls, so most would be for both boys and girls. If you have a daughter, get her SweatPea Beauty by Veggie Tales!

Comments

  1. We LOVE Veggie Tales in our house! Our big little man likes the Larry Boy ones the best where he's a super hero. Little little man doesn't care which one is on, he just likes the music! It's one kids show that I can stand to watch over and over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Veggie Tales Silly Songs DVD is very cute and fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say that I watched Veggie Tales even before I had kids. (I'm a children's librarian so I'm always watching/reading kid stuff.) They're just so funny and sweet. I especially loved the Silly Songs with Larry. My favorite was "I Love my Lips" from Dave and the Giant Pickle. It has been a while since I've watched them but now I think it's time to share them with the family. Thanks for sharing your review.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment