Now That He Has Teeth, He'll Want Steak

Little man has three teeth. I don't know what is more amazing, that he suddenly has teeth where there were just cute gums the day before, or that he got all three teeth over two days, and without my seeing any signs of their impending arrival. Actually, maybe what is most amazing is that he still hasn't bitten me with those sharp razors while I nurse him, confirming for me that he is the sweetest thing.

His little teeth are shockingly white (I'm guessing we all had teeth like that before we started drinking coffee and eating berries over the years) and as cute as I found his gummy smile I now find his toothy grin. He turns eight months soon, and knowing that other babies around the world are all going through the same things: standing and trying to walk, saying their first words, getting their first teeth, etc- does not make me any less amazed as I watch him explore and change and learn. I feel like I'm watching a miracle that never happened to anyone else ever before this :)

Comments