Mel Gibson Drama

I'm sure many of you have heard about the soap opera that has become Mel Gibson's life. Married man and father of seven has affair with younger woman and an out-of-wedlock child, causing his wife of almost 30 years to divorce him. He then goes on to prance about the globe with new girlfriend, whom he doesn't marry. The basis for a great new relationship, np? With such a strong foundation, I'm shocked to learn that Mr. Philanderer and Ms. Homewrecker are not getting on so well.


Someone recently asked me if I saw his movies differently now that he turned out to be a schmuck. Specifically, do I now think less of Braveheart and The Passion of the Christ, two of my favorite movies. I found this question to be very funny, since 1. I've known for years that Mel Gibson has affairs, and 2. Does anyone in Hollywood really have integrity? Does that mean I can't ever enjoy a movie, because the actors in it disappoint me?

Gibson is a foolish man. He was sleeping with a woman who was married multiple times in a short period of time, each marriage lasting but a few years, then had a child out of wedlock with another actor. He was sleeping with her without protection, despite the fact he also famously does not use protection when engaging in marital relations with his wife (putting her at risk, because who knows what the Homewrecker or runaround Gibson have exposed themselves to?). He's also a hypocrite, because unless my math is wrong, he married his wife because she was pregnant, so a man that won't use birth control because of his religious beliefs believes it's ok to have premarital sex and to commit adultery. Finally, he trusted a woman who had no qualms about breaking up the home of his children, the youngest of which is only 11 today. I'd really like to know how he explained to his children who this new baby is, why their mom was divorcing their dad, and everything else- did he expect to look like a hero in their eyes? Like a beacon of integrity, or a good man, or a good example of a Catholic?

I still love many of his movies. Probably because I don't think of them as his movies. Sometimes people are inspired, and do great things, even while doing schmucky things. I feel sorry for his children that the man that made movies millions admired and whom presented himself as church-going, family man dad is really a guy that hurt their mom, put himself first, and basically didn't think about his children when planning his extracurricular activities. I feel sorry for his wife, who still looks better to me at her age then Gibson's much younger girlfriend probably ever did (she reminds me of that woman who had too much plastic surgery in an attempt to look like a cat). I also feel sorry for Gibson's new baby, who has an idiot dad and a selfish mom.

I don't feel sorry for Gibson or his ex-galpal. It's a shame they broke up, because they are a real pair, two of a kind. Now they are available again to cause more misery and drama to others- better they stay together to keep eachother off the dating market, and I kind of have a vindictive side in me that loves that they annoy eachother- they deserve it for annoying the rest of us with their nonsense. I'm hoping not to hear anymore about their personal lives, because what else did anyone expect? A happily ever after for two people who put themselves first? Just leave me the Gibson dvd's cuz I still love them, and the two of them can disappear into celebrity gossip oblivion.

Comments

  1. Such a very sad tale
    and hopefully he will get himself right with God and his family.
    The pain he feels now probably is not much unlike that felt by King David in the Bible when he couldn't keep his eyes off the Bathing Beauty, thereby sending her husband to the front lines, full well knowing he'd be killed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a very sad tale, especially for the children involved...all their lives are in chaos now, and it keeps getting worse. Very, very sad!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment