iPod Addiction

My husband was recently gifted an iPod, which he has been wanting for a long time. I had an idea that when he received it, it would consume every spare moment he had, and those he didn't. This was an easy assumption, because every time he gets his hands on a new gadget, he fusses around with it forever and is totally engaged by it. Case in point: his play stations, video games, and rifles. Well, it's been about a week, and he still hasn't come up for air.

I'm technologically challenged, so it took a while for me to even learn that a iPod is an MP3 player (which didn't clarify anything, since I didn't know what an MP3 player was either, but now I do). We are finally coming out of the dark ages- me with my new laptop, him with his MP3 player, and us with our wireless printer (which still doesn't work since we don't know how to connect it or activate it, but the potential for us to wirelessly print is there- very exciting!)

My dad was telling me recently that a 3 1/2 year of a friend had a digital camera, and not only took great pictures but could find anyone's photo in the memory, and go through the menu to change options. I know kids are smart, but this astounded me. As a result, I decided to let little man play with my old computer, and I let him play with my digital camera, and I plan to let him play around with a lot of gadgets we no longer use because we upgraded. If someone's child is going to be a genius, it's going to be mine!

I still haven't bought my eReader (I will before summer ends, because if I'm anything, I'm an avid reader) but I have a feeling when I do, I will become as enmeshed in it as my husband is in his iPod. After trying a few eReaders out, I loved them so much I felt an addiction beginning. What music is to my husband, books are to me. I just hope we don't become one of those families that keeps in touch via texting, eats together while all on our own gadget, or anything like that. If that happens, I'm burning it all (my eReader included)!

Comments