Heat Wave!

It has been hot! The temperatures in our area (NYC) has been topping 100 degrees recently, which can be dangerous for babies and the elderly. Little man and I have been staying indoors during the hotter time of the day, and yesterday when it reached 103 degrees we stayed indoors all day.

I've been trying to teach little man to use a sippy to drink water, with mixed results. The one we tried was a "no-spill" type (by Nuby), but it was dripping everwhere. Since there was only water in it this was not a problem (it was probably refreshing for little man) but I would not want to put juice or milk in a sippy that drips. I do like the silicone spout, which won't hurt if he bites down on it. I'm looking around for a cup that will work well for a baby under one years old and doesn't drip.

He's lost interest in solids, so we are back to trying to get him to eat *some* cereal. He makes a face when any food is put in his mouth. I tried fruit yesterday, a very sweet pear and apricot mix, and he liked it for a few bites, then he locked his jaw and refused more. Oh well :) He may just end up being a picky eater. Grandma said not to force him, babies develop at their own rate. I'm just so shocked to see other babies only a month or two older eating Cheerioes and crackers, one even eats steak and spaghetti, and my son won't eat mushy anything. I keep trying ever few days, so we'll see how it goes.

If anyone has any tips or experiences they can share that may help, I'd love to hear it!

Comments