Family Holiday

I'm back from my first vacation with little man. We went away for a few days together, and I was rather afraid at first because I've never travelled with him before. I followed the tips I found online about travelling with a baby, and luckily my brother and his sweet wife were very helpful and accomodating (they drove, we hitched along). We enjoyed Maine's beautiful scenery, hospitable people, and delicious seafood for days, and I am in love with their lobster!

My husband did not come on this trip (we went with my parents and siblings) and while we had a great time, I don't think I'll take another vacation with daddy again- not fair to him, and he missed little man so much. My own dad pouted about my husband being jealous/annoyed that we were going away without him (my husband was resistant to the idea of us leaving for days), but really, he and little man are my two guys, and they come first. It's actually hard to have to tell your dad, when you grew up as a daddy's girl, that he isn't #1 anymore, and you have to take your husband into consideration first. I also have to keep reminding myself that my own family comes first!

My parents and siblings are going to Europe next summer, and my husband won't fly (rather hard on me since I love to travel). Unfortunately, I can't take my son away from his dad for a whole month, so that is a trip I can't go on either (I would not leave little man for so long!). One day, when he gets a lot of time off, he said we can cruise to Europe together, which will be interesting to say the least :) There are some countries in Europe I haven't been to yet, and I certainly never cruised across the Atlantic! It will be an adventure.

Comments

  1. I took a few trips w/o the kids and it is not fun, the whole time I worried about them. My husband won't fly either...I thought I was the only one;LOL.

    Thanks, Becky Jane
    Raising kids can be a lot like weeding the rose bed...well worth it, but...OUCH!
    http://myelevenreasons.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You aren't the only one, and it's so hard, because I love to travel! He wasn't happy we went without him either.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment