Easy Cooking With Ready Made Foods- Review


I recently had the opportunity to review a product from SeaPak, a company that offers ready to bake/make seafood. I chose their popcorn shrimp, which come with the tails removed and the shrimps breaded and ready to bake.
The fact that these products are already cleaned and pre-pepared make them a good choice for parents without a lot of time to cook, but who'd like to offer their children something tasty to eat. My grandmother made her special scampi sauce and brought it over for us to try the shrimp together, and we had a good time enjoying it. SeaPak products contain vitamins and Omega-3, and the prices allow you to add seafood to your family's diet regularly even if you are on a budget.

We were also offered the opportunity to review Casa di Bertacchi meatballs, sold at Sam's Clubs, but since there isn't one near me I was sent a meatball recipe book so I could try out a recipe and share it (those of you who are near a Sam's Club are fortunate enought to be able to try this yummy recipe out with frozen, pre-cooked and ready to use Casa di Bertacchi meatballs themselves, great for an easy dinner or simple party appetizer). This recipe is from "101 Things To Do With Meatballs" by Stephanie Ashcraft:

Tortellini Meatball Stew

Ingredients
1 container (32 oz) beef broth
4 cups water
26 fuly cooked, frozen meatballs
1 cup chunky salsa
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tbs Italian seasoning
1 bag (16 oz) frozen Italian-style vegetable mix
1 bag (19 oz) frozen cheese tortellini
salt and pepper

Directions
1. Combine broth, water, meatballs, salsa, garlic, and Italian seasoning in a 6-quart stockpot. Bring to a boil.
2. Simmer over medium-high heat for ten minutes.
3. Add vegetables and return to a boil. Simmer over medium-high heat for 6 minutes.
4. Stir in tortellini and bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes.
5. Salt and pepper to taste.

Makes 8-10 servings, and it's very tasty. I love tortellini, so I chose this recipe (I used a natural tortellini and as many organic ingredients as possible), and I love meatballs, so I'm guessing this will be something I make pretty often.

Comments