BlogHer 2010!

I'm excitedly anticipating my first ever blogger convention (which just happens to fall on my birthday), and planning which events to attend, seminars, etc. For those of you who are not familiar with it, BlogHer is one of several national conventions specifically for bloggers (mom bloggers, photo bloggers, coupon bloggers, tech bloggers, Harry Potter bloggers, any kind of blogger, you don't even have to be a "Her") and this year it's in my home town, so I knew despite having a baby that I'd be able to attend. I'm looking forward to it so much!

One of the events I'll be attending is Ralph Lauren's meet and greet for ambassadors. I love Ralph Lauren clothing. Little man's wardrobe is almost exclusively products from Polo for babies (their jumpers are cute!) so I was especially thrilled for the opportunity to see what new products they will be featuring, and to learn about their new book program for children (I never identified RL with children's books or reading, so we'll see what this is about). To me, RL is a company that offers quality, classic clothing in simple cuts, great for work or everyday. Before I was on sabbatical, my work wardrobe consisted of quite a few RL sweaters, button-down shirts, and a few blouse, because they offer a professional, modest look appropriate for a pharmacist (and of course, my favorite daily tees were the pink pony tees, which they unfortunately no longer sell). Needless to say, this may be my favorite part of BlogHer, and it happens before the convention even officially kicks off.

I can't wait to see what else BlogHer has to offer- info on classes to improve writing, find an appropriate audience, and more are available. I'll be tweeting while there, and posting when I return, so those of you who can't attend will feel like you were there too. If any of you are going and would like to meet up, please email me!

Comments

  1. Penelope, I'm going too.

    I'll email you to meet. I'll be there with my sister-in-law and our children.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment