Mommy's Make-Over~ Part I

It's been almost 4 months since little man was born, and I am on a mission to get my old shape back, get my energy back, get my tummy tone back. I'm sooo not happy with the current state of things. Motivated by a book I just started to read (Mom-over) and other moms who've been through it, I decided I'm just going to have to do it- the work that is- and start exercising and taking steps to get back in shape.


This week I began doing sit-ups and crunches, and testing out that oft' spoken of remedy for smooshy stomachs- belly-wrapping. This apparently has been around forever, and I knew about it, but I was too lazy to stick with doing it after little man was born. I don't know first hand if it works, but if it does, I'm going to kick myself for not having done it all this time.

Belly-wrapping is essentially wrapping your tummy tightly to encourage it to shrink back to its pre-pregnancy size, and to help the skin tighten up. Brooke Burke, model, mom of four, and gorgeous-tummy exhibitionist, sells a product called Baboosh which uses fabric and velcro to do this, but other women have sworn by ace bandages as well. As long as you are wrapping your tummy daily for the first 45 days after you give birth, you are supposed to have the same tummy tone and shape as you did before you ever gained an ounce of pregnancy weight.

I don't know if it helps at this point, but in Part I of my Mom Make-over, I'm going to be trying out belly-wrapping daily, sleeping with it on too, using my stair climber, doing sit-ups and crunches (working my way up to respectable numbers), and of course, go for walks with little man.


I am at my pre-pregnancy weight, and my body is *different*, and I just can't take my tummy anymore. It would ok if I weighed a bit more for a bit, or if I gained a new scar becoming a mom, but flabby skin because I'm lazy? Uh-uh, no way. No pain, no gain...I'm going to do it. I'm also applying skin oils before I put on the belly-wrap to promote skin elasticity and encourage shrinkage. We'll see if that helps. I'll be posting on what has been working, or not, and if anyone has tips that really work on what else I can try, please tell me! I'm tired of looking and feeling exhausted and out of shape, and I'm not going to take it anymore!

Comments

  1. When I had my three babies, my tummy eventually went back to it's previous form. I hated the squishy, flabby belly!

    Good for you for taking charge of your health & appearance! Let us know if it the belly-wrapping works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear if it really works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and belly wrapping, I tried it, but I wasn't as vigilant as I wish I was. I think the product that you get also matters. I just used like Spanx, and I feel like if I got a real belly wrap or even tight gauze for that matter, it would have helped more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate that momma flab! I feel like no matter what I did I couldn't get rid of it....it takes a lot of work, but you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of belly wrapping and look forward to hearing how it works for you! I'm finally just over the 6 week mark and with the nicer weather am going to get my own butt in gear with some exercising - you're motivating me to get moving.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment