A Thousand Words


I always loved photography- taking photographs, editing photos, having photos developed and seeing if my amateur techniques resulted in what I was aiming for. I also just love photos in and of themselves~ of family, friends, myself doing fun things, places I've been, etc. My favorite photos used to be of myself in front of the pyramids in Egypt, myself with my parents, myself being kissed by a dolphin. These photos remind me of all the fun things I've ever done, and remind me of what a full life I have had.

These days, I have no interest in photos of myself anymore (how depressing is that?). For a while I gave up on my hobby, but then I became pregnant, and suddenly my interest was renewed. After my son was born, it increased tenfold. I want a million pictures of my son...sleeping sweetly, making a funny face, doing something new with his arms, etc (yes, I've become one of those women, lol). I can take ten pictures in a row of him doing the same exact thing, and count each picture as relevant and worth keeping.


Despite the fact I am no expert in picture-taking, my photos luckily usually come out pretty good. I love art, I loved art classes in high school, and I have always had a decent understanding of shades, light, etc. The problem? My current camera kind of stinks. I had a Kodak Easy Share camera that wasn't bad, but it was old and had a low resolution, and couldn't even take a memory card of larger than 1 GB (I don't even think it took that). The printer that came with it was neat, but it only prints photos in size 4x6 (reasonable for at home printing of basic photos). What I really like about it is that it prints out photos from any camera (doesn't have to be a Kodak). I've been using it to print out photos I've been taking with my borrowed Canon camera (which doesn't take very good photos, but since my old camera broke, I figured grainy photos are better than nothing until I got a new one). Then my sister-in-law surprised me with a new Sony digital camera, which I'm currently learning how to use. I'm not sure yet how these will print out, but I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Now that my photography interest has been renewed as a result of my darling new subject, my next photography goal is to a printer that print larger photos, better cameras, and invest in a bunch of beautiful frames for all those new photos I plan to take.

Comments

  1. Oh Penelope, I am confident you will loooove everything about your Sony camera! I have two: my point and shoot is a Sony Cybershot 10.1mp, and my dSLR is a Soney Alpha a350, for which I have multiple lenses. I am actually doing a Project 365 using both of them. I started a second blog for it
    http://snappinbliss.blogspot.com

    I used to be a diehard Canon user, and I still love Canons, they are great cameras. But I am sticking with Sony now. I have been VERY satisfied with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have done the same thing with taking so many different photos of the same exact thing. I have so many of those and I can't seem not to keep them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the same way with pictures. I have a ton of Luke doing the same thing....pretty much the same picture but I have to print each one...which has made for alot of albums!!!! Have fun with that new camera..I have a Sony H50 and it's good. I would love to someday own a DSLR, but that isn't going to happen anytime soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristen, I see those 365 blogs everywhere...I should think about that! What a lovely gift it would be for my son if I maintain it for him longterm :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shana, and Mommy2Luke, that is how I am, every pic is adorable to me! So far, I'm not having much luck with this Sony, because they flash keeps making him look overalert (the red thing before the flash actually) and so I have a bunch of photos of him, all looking surprised.

    My canon wasn't that clear, but at least he is making normal expressions in them, lol...I need to look around for a better, clear camera.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment