Autumn Is Here!

autumn
The air is crisp, the leaves are turning, and the countdown to my bunchkin's arrival continues (40 days left). It's fully the fall around here, and it sure has gotten chilly! It seems most men I know love the autumn, for it's beauty and cool weather, but I'm definately a warm weather girl. I'm grateful that so far, the sun is still shining brightly and mid-day still brings with it lovely warmth, so I can continue my walks and enjoy the fresh air.

I started to drink coffee again (with my doctor's ok) which I had missed terribly for the first seven months of being pregnant. It was the only thing on my diet restrictions list that I really missed when I became pregnant, but I was so afraid of increasing my son's blood pressure or dehydrating him that there was no way I was going to cheat. I'm so happy to be able to have a cup once in a while again!

coffee lover
Some interesting facts I recently came across:

A study of 40 groups/occupations showed that the WORST drivers are students (#1), followed by medical doctors (#2), then lawyers (#3), architects (#4) and real estate agents (#5). The BEST drivers in this study were homemakers (#5), politicians (#4), pilots (#3), firemen (#2), and (the best drivers) FARMERS (#1).

The rear middle seat (on the ‘hump’) is the safest seat in the car – 16% safer than any other seat in a car. Riding in the back seat is 59% to 89% safer than riding in the front seat. (I guess this is why the infant car seat goes here)

Wal-Mart is the second largest employer is the U.S. (The U.S. Government is #1.)

1 in 7 or almost 14% of adult Americans are illiterate. (this is rather shocking!)

1 in every 100 American Adults is presently in jail or prison (91% are male and 9% female).

Well over 99% of species that ever lived are extinct. (wow! considering how many there are today, that is amazing! Imagine what they looked like!)

Comments

  1. Its amazing that people born in the 1960s ever made it out of infancy..my mom used to put me in, basically what I use as a grocery bag carrier, in the backseat of her VW BUG ..no car seats back then. ..can you imagine???

    Laura
    mybde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. I found them quite interesting too LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very interesting.

    You could kinda turn this into a game. and have to guess the percentage.
    (I wouldnt have even been close to half of them.)



    hollowangel5101@netscape.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some willpower! I reduced my coffee consumption but didn't stop.

    Those are some interesting facts. I was happy to see that homemakers are good drivers. I almost ran to tell my hubby (he hates how I drive) until I read that pilots are also good drivers. He is a pilot... sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post.
    I loved the facts at the bottom.

    I just love fall as well. The crispness in the air, and the smell is the best part of all!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love autumn! And those are some interesting facts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! I loved these facts! And farmers, really??? I guess they wouldn't want to run over their plants or something, LOL.

    And awww 40 days, that must be so exciting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laura, I can imagine...we all sat whereever there was room, no seat belts even...huh??? Talk about dangerous!

    Crissy, lol, my husband hates how I drive too (even though I'm actually a pretty good driver- I think he just likes to be in the driver's seat)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment