The Regal BumbleRide Queen B Stroller 2009


I was recently sent a BumbleRide Queen B Stroller to review, and I fell in love with this old-fashioned style stroller. It may be the most beautiful stroller on the market. Not only does it evoke the look of the old-fashioned style pram, but it has terrific features that put it in the same class as luxury travel systems that are twice as expensive.

What I love about this stroller:

♥ It's just aesthetically beautiful. I took it for a stroll around my neighborhood, and was stopped multiple times by people asking me what brand it was, and where I got it. There are not many strollers that are just so attractive.


♥ It's roomy! The Queen B has a well-sized seat, large canopy, a large storage compartment underneath, 12 inch air-filled wheels, and it can be expanded with an optional toddler seat to seat two (terrific for me, since I would love to have more than one child). The seat itself can comfortably fit your baby from birth to 45 pounds, and up to 65 pounds combined with the toddler seat. The toddler seat also has a five-point safety harness and foot rest.



♥ The stroller fully reclines for a sleeping baby! I love this. The comfortable seat can be adjusted to a fully flat position, and the foot rest moved up, to totally enclose your baby (a pseudo-bassinet). The seat actually has four levels of recline. It's wonderful for newborns. If you want to go the way of an actual bassinet instead, they offer a beautiful, plush one for babies up to 20 pounds that can even be used without the stroller for babies to nap in.

♥ It's reversible! You can turn both the stroller and bassinet around, so your baby faces you or the world- it's up to you. I love the idea of being able to see my sweet little baby's face while strolling, so this is a wonderful option. It's very easy to do, and has a safety lock to keep it in place, either way.


♥ It's very sturdy and well-made. All the parts are very solid and good quality. This stroller will last for many years, through multiple children, easily. I've compared many strollers in terms of quality and sturdiness, and the Queen B is second to none.

♥ It's easy to put together (no tools required) and to maneuver the different parts (the canopy, the bassinet, the foot rest, etc). I'm five months pregnant and was able to do it all myself.

♥ The Queen B gives a nice, easy ride. The large wheels make strolling it over a bumpy sidewalk easy, and you can even bounce it up and down while standing in place to rock the baby, because the tires are air-filled (it has great suspension).

♥ The handlebar is adjustable, so it's easy for both my tall husband and my petite self to stroll.


♥ The materials are beautiful and well-made. The seat is well-padded for comfort, the canopy and seat are beautifully lined, and it comes in two classic, unisex color options- ruby (a rich, gorgeous red, which is what I have) and lava (black). All the fabrics are easily removed for washing.

♥ It has lots of safety features, including a five-point harness and padded bumper, and a belt to secure car seats in even better (it's already compatible with several car seats, including some that snap onto an included car seat adapter, so this is for extra security).

♥ It's fully-loaded, with an air pump, cup holder, foot muff, rain cover and extra padding all included. The Queen B is a luxury stroller at half the price.


♥ Adorable additions: a peek-a-boo sunroof, a cushioned, removable headrest, and a little pocket to keep a pacifier, your keys, or a small toy within easy reach.

♥ Other positives: it has a brake to lock wheels in place, it's easy to fold closed and to open, and the wheels are easy to remove, but have safety locks, so they can only be manually removed.

Notes:

The BumbleRide Queen B Stroller isn't a jogging stroller (you can't really run or jog with it). The front tires turn but the back do not so for sharper turns, you have to lift the front tires a bit. The Queen B is also not a lightweight umbrella stroller. At 31 pounds, this stroller can't be carried around easily. Its weight makes it very stable and sturdy, but you may need a lighter weight stroller if you have lots of stairs.

Comments

  1. That's a lovely stroller. If you can wave a magic wand and make my daughter go from 16 years old all the way back to 1, I will enter the contest! LOL

    Stopping by to give a little blog ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool stroller(and great review of it!)!!

    I can't believe how many new options there are since I had my boys (only 6 years ago...). Makes me want to have a third child... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful stroller! A little out of my price range, but super cute and looks very functional as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh, sweet ride for a very lucky baby! Makes me wish my son was still small enought to fit in one. I do love how pretty it is, very elegant. The weight however could be a problem for me, but I also think the weight means it's sturdy.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cool! looks like a dreamy stroller!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute stroller! I loved picking out a stroller for my 2 little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. See? You read my mind again (ha ha!). I am looking at strollers this week with hubby and now we have a name to look for.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved my bumbleride from a couple of years ago. It was a great stroller and my good friend os using it now and loves it too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stopping over from SITS. I'll keep this stroller in mind when the little ones come. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Popping in from SITS - and what a beautiful stroller - now to convince the hubby to get this for our new arrival. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. (SiTS)
    :)

    My kids are all teens. It never ceases to amaze me how nice strollers and stuff are now that mine are older. lol. I can remember saying...Man, wouldn't it be nice if they put a cut hold on the stroller for moms?

    Now look at them! lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, it is super!
    Thanks for your sweet comment on my site Penelope!
    I've received the Meme Award.
    Be sure to stop by my page to claim it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is a really beautiful stroller. You don't really see any that look like this anymore. I love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  15. that is one sweet ride! When I had my first child (15 years ago, gasp!) I had an amazing stroller made by Emmaljunga. Evidently the Swedes decided to stop selling to the US, and I can't get mine repaired. Shame. Now I beat up my junker Peg Perego and curse at it nonstop. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just stopped by to wish you a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Did you find this stroller too hard to steer to consider for an only stroller? I am looking around for a stroller that I can keep from infant-toddler, and we want to space our kids closely so I assume the toddler seat would come in handy. I'm just worried about it being too bulky, heavy, and hard to steer. Would you consider it for everyday use?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tina, I agree...I did find it heavy (and the front wheels are *not* swivel wheels).

    I love this stroller for taking strolls, not for maneuvering around tight corners, running around doing errands, etc. For that I am getting an umbrella stroller (Cybex makes one that can be used from birth, and it's premiering on the market this fall...I am also having a giveaway soon for a great umbrella stroller by Kolcraft that can be used from birth, and both have a full range of safety features).

    Bumbleride also makes a "Flyer", that looks like this, but is lighter and has swivel wheels. If I was sent that one to review, I would probably have used it as my only stroller, because it maneuvers very well, and having multiple strollers takes up quite a bit of room.

    I'm so in love with the beauty and options of this stroller, that I overlook the weight (we keep it in my car trunk, since I live upstairs) and will use a second stroller for quick, fast moving trips.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment