A New Look and Special Thanks!


I love the blogging world, not only because I love to share what is happening in my life, but I love to read the blogs of others, make friends, and especially learn from them. I'm a relative newlywed and expecting my first bunchkin, and the wisdom I learn from other women who have already gone down this exciting road is incredible! I am the type who would have tremendous difficulty passing on an award to one other blog, because I find so many to be funny, relevant, endearing, and just lovely.

I have two reasons for writing this Thank You post...I recently became a follower of The Mahogany Way- a great blog by a wife and mom, Darcel, and as a result, two great things happened. The first is that, through her blog, I found Crissy, the fabulous blog designer who designed her blog and then went on to design mine. I wanted something that would look relaxing, evoke the idea of an oasis, and also have a touch of the fairy tale to it- I'm forever a very young soul at heart :) Crissy designed a blog for me that is exactly what I would have loved. I have her button on my right side bar, where you can contact her, see her portfolio, and even blogs she just finished designing. All her designs are unique, and she will work with you to make sure you are happy with the end result. I took a peek at her most recent work since she did mine, and it's terrific! This is the button (it's so funny!):



Here is my cute little button!:


The second reason I was inspired by The Mahogany Way to write this thank you post was her Marriage Monday feature, especially this week's. She posted about how we greet our husbands when they come home. and it made me start to think. I realized that this is something I would like to work on...I'm thinking of how to make his home-coming special everyday, instead of just a "Hi honey! How was work?" tossed over my shoulder as I continue whatever I'm working on, or a quick peck on the lips if I'm close to him. I'd like to show him I'm grateful for what a wonderful husband he is, and for working hard all day so I can stay home.


What do you ladies go to make your husband's homecoming special?

Comments

  1. This is what I try to do though I don't always succeed in doing it. I try to make sure that the entrance, living and dining room(which he sees first) is tidy and clutter free and then the bedroom. When he comes in the door, I stop what I'm doing and go give him a hug and kiss and help with whatever he is carrying.

    Visiting from SITS. You were on roll call just above me. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'm not married, but I can definitely appreciate the collective wisdom. Couples need to remind each other of how much they respect and care for one another; they need to let the other one know that they still DO, even after years of marriage have passed.

    I stopped by from SITS because you commented right before me, so I wanted to leave you some comment love ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't get to stay home and often work longer than he does, so he better make my homecoming special...LOL

    Half way there....Enjoy your Wednesday !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I make it a point to stop whatever I am doing to get up and greet him at the door with a kiss. It may seem silly but I feel like it is a nice thing to do. Nice and simple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to admit and I haven't given a lot of thought to how I greet my husband when he gets home. Usually he gets home around the time I have the kids in the bath getting them ready for bed. Thanks for the reminder, maybe today I'll do something special for him!

    Also, thank's for Crissy's info. I'm following her now. I always need help in the graphics department!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your new design! Awesome! It's so pretty and relaxing.
    Thank you for such a lovely post. You have lifted my spirits today.

    p.s.
    The Jersey Housewife greeted her hubby with a hug and kiss too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Penelope. I love your layout too. Very nice!

    And Sitsta, you are so blessed to observe the way you greet your husband so early in your marriage! It is great to be aware before years of bad habits pass.

    Coming over from SITS. Have a great day!

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am currently waiting with dinner ready to go in the oven, 50 candles I bought ready to be lit and I have written a lovely message in soap on the bathroom mirror to be found later ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great new look Penelope
    stopping by from SITStas. I make sure I always stop and give him a hug and a kiss he's my man.

    Great Post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the way your site looks!

    And when my hubby comes home, I do pretty much the same thing you do - although usually I do try to get up off my big pregnant ass and give him a kiss.

    ReplyDelete
  11. http://www.papermoonies.blogspot.comJuly 22, 2009 at 3:20 PM

    I am sure to pick up the house, do dishes and make dinner for him to have when he arrives home. as I am off to work.
    If I am home when he arrives I will for sure greet him with a smile, kiss and hug always. Very important to honor each other.
    Thanks for visiting me.
    I do have tattoos by the by just not that one.
    Brittany
    http://www.papermoonies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. fun new look!

    I try to keep the house clean... TRY with a non sleeping baby!! :)

    (found you on MBC)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw she definitely did a great job on your blog layout! :D

    I never really thought about how I greet my husband. I guess it's nothing too special but I always stop what I'm doing to give him a kiss and say hello.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the new design, it's spectacular!

    As far as preparing for my hubby's homecoming? Um, lol, sometimes the house is spotless, sometimes it's a wreck, but more often than not--it's just picked up...that way, he doesn't get used to "expecting" perfection. ;-)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner...I've been a wreck trying to figure out the whole podcast thing. I conducted my first Beautiful Women of Moms Fighting Fat interview today and it will be hitting the net at midnight. I need to figure out the technical aspects but that will have to come over time.

    Hugs ~ Sandy

    "We're all on this journey together"

    http://momsfightingfat.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi! I couldn't possibly compile a list of lovely blogs without featuring your blog. I love dropping by your blog:) I usually follow your blog from my personal blog, but I got the award on my clothing line blog and thought of your blog:) In celebration of all things lovely, would you consider stopping by sometime to accept an award from me?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the new look. And so happy to be part of the blogging world too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank for your blog post. I have to really rethink how I greet my hubby. Daily to do's, "oh my gosh's," and sibling drama have seemed to have taken over the "isn't my husband great!"

    Thank you for the "plug" on my blog and your kind words. I look forward to sharing much more great bloggy stuff.

    Blessings, Adry
    http://maxedmom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I greet my husband with a hug and a kiss. When I can, I meet him at the door instead of waiting until he comes into the kitchen. He also appreciates seeing a tidy room when he comes home after work.

    Your blog design looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Penelope.. I love the blogging world too... it has helped me connect with the world in a way I perhaps would have never imagined. It is nice to meet you here :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Penelope - you do have a lovely blog, thanks for visiting mine! :)

    ~Rochelle

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment