Great Product For Making Baby Food At Home!


I received my "So Easy" Baby Food Kit from freshbaby.com today, that helps a mom make baby food herself at home. The package includes two storage trays, a recipe book, a CD, and tips/information about what to expect and prepare for when feeding a newborn (such as how often you should feed a baby and expect to change a baby).

As you know, I have been trying to go totally green over the last few years. I buy non-toxic home cleaners, I try to buy all organic foods and use very little packaged food, and I avoid chemical sprays in my home, whether it be pesticides or for cosmetic use. I've done this for myself, and now I do it for my family.

I've noticed that a lot of baby foods have ingredients in them I am not happy about (colors? preservatives? high fructose corn syryp??) so I was looking for an alternative. Buying organic baby foods is a good idea (and certainly convenient) but it's pricey, and it's still not as fresh as home-made.

With this product, you make the food at home (quickly, and in bulk for the whole week!) and freeze it until you use it, in the trays, which are made to fit 24 baby serving sizes. The recipe book advises you on great tasting foods to make, and this kit also guides you as to when to introduce what to the baby. The CD answers questions you may have about using it. The best part is, the trays are BP-A and phthalate-free (I plan to only buy bottles that are glass or also BP-A and phthalate-free), so you don't have to worry about chemicals leaching into the food being frozen.

I'm really excited about it, and plan to try it out this week!

Comments

  1. This looks like a great product. My sister in law is expecting- maybe I'll get it for her?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a great product. Let us know if it is easy to do though. I don't want to spend hours doing this! If it really is quick, it's something to really consider.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is interesting. I looked at the web-site, and it reminds me of a friend that did the same, with ice cube trays. This seems much more sanitary and safe (and convenient).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm trying to be more natural too, especially with my baby. This sounds like a great product. If you find more green items, please post them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really great product.

    Leah, I tried the apple recipe and am pleased with how it came out. I have some frozen that I plan to thaw out soon and try also.

    Tiff, I'll be happy to post more "green" items as I find them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a GREAT idea

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment