How To Say No

(courtesy of Oprah Winfrey's web-site...great advice in this article)

for example:

How to say no to...

...the not-quite-close-enough friend who asks to borrow your lipstick:

1. Celebrity makeup artist and sworn germaphobe Mally Roncal says: "I learned my makeup-sharing lesson in high school, when my friend used someone else's mascara and ended up with pinkeye. It's classic: You start passing around the blue eyeliner, and next thing, everyone's wearing eye patches." No need to imply that your friend is a walking virus factory, though; just say, "I didn't feel well this morning,

Comments

  1. Is the author of this article suggesting that we lie about how we feel in order to get out of sharing lipstick? Better that we catch her cold and retain our integrity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anwen, you are right, there needs to be a third option.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've passed this one to others. It's a good list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I needed this right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these are good tips. Thanks for taking the time to post the link.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment