Sherwood Pictures New Christian Film Scheduled for 2011


The creators of Facing the Giants, and Fireproof (two movies I absolutely love) are planning a new movie with an expected release date of early 2011. Sherwood Pictures is part of a Christian ministry in Georgia that decided to reach out to youth and the public through movies after reading that today's youth see movie stars as role models and are extremely influenced by popular movies.

This new movie is a story about fatherhood, and the importance of men in the lives of their children. It is called Courageous and centers on four law enforcement officers. The inspiration for this movie came from a combination of prayer, and the devastating statistics of fatherless children and the long term affects. One of the directors, Stephen Kendrick, says "We believe G-d id calling men to rise up with strength and with leadership in their homes, with their families and with their children."

After watching and absolutely loving their first three movies, I am very much looking forward to this next movie, and hope they continue to make movies for years to come. My husband enjoys their movies too, and we recommend them to others often. I'll post more information as it arises, for those of you who are fans and just as excited to see more work from Sherwood Pictures.

Comments

  1. I think it's awesome that someone is making Christian movies. I will definitely want to see this one. I liked Fireproof but wasn't as crazy about the first one. I thought everything was fixed too quickly. Not that God doesn't answer prayer but it seemed like everything in their lives all of a sudden became perfect and that doesn't usually happen. I think too my struggles with infertility for 6 years were part of the reason I wasn't crazy about Facing the Giants.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment