Six Month Anniversary



Recently my husband and I celebrated our six month anniversary. Everyday I appreciate and admire him more and more. I recently read a post on another blog by a woman who tries to list ten things she loves about her husband when she is upset with him, to remind her of why she loves him and married him. This helps her to put things into perspective.

I am not upset with my husband (on the contrary!), but I thought this sounded like a lovely idea, so I sat down and came up with ten things I love about my husband. (even though I could just as easily come up with a thousand):

♥ He takes care of me and supports me.

♥ He protects me. He doesn't let anyone hurt me. He is my hero.

♥ He cherishes me.

♥ He has changed his life around to be a wonderful husband. He changed his job, his schedule, his lifestyle. He was a bachelor that could work late hours and holidays and sleep late mornings, and come and go as he pleased. This is not an easy change for a man to make!

♥ He loves what I love.

♥ He insists on washing the dishes every day, because he appreciates that I make his dinners.

♥ He is strong, tall and handsome.

♥ He is a rock, he stands by his values and beliefs.

♥ He is incredibly smart.

♥ He is kind...to everyone.





Lord Jesus, Grant that I and my spouse may have a true and understanding love for each other.
Grant that we may both be filled with faith and trust.
Give us the grace to live with each other in peace and harmony.
May we always bear one another's weaknesses and grow from each other's strengths.
Help us to forgive one another's failings and grant us patience, kindness, cheerfulness and the spirit of placing the well-being of one another ahead of self.
May the love that brought us together grow and mature with each passing year.
Bring us both ever closer to You through our love for each other.
Let our love grow to perfection.

Amen.

Comments

  1. What a lovely list! Wishing you many more anniversaries together! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment