♥ A Heavenly Bed ♥ - Creating a Bedroom Oasis



Going to sleep after a long day in a comfy bed can be lovely, and when I saw cozy looking beds in magazines and in stores, it inspired me to replicate this mini-oasis for my own home. I have a beautiful, dark wood bed, with a bouncy mattress, covered with a white, cloud-soft comforter. Our bed has always been very comfortable, but I was fascinated by the idea of making is *heavenly*...making it fragrant and luxurious all the time. My husband and I work hard, so I figure we deserve a comfortable, heavenly bed to rest in at the end of the day.

What images do the words "A Heavenly Bed" conjure up for you? How about:

♥ A nice sized bed?

♥ A thick, fluffy comforter?

♥ Marshmallow-like puffy pillows?



♥ Densely woven, smooth white sheets pulled tightly over the mattress?

♥ Clean, fresh, wonderfully scented linens?

That sounds pretty heavenly to me!


Steps to making your bed heavenly:

♥ Start by stripping the bed and flipping the mattress. Put a mattress cover or pad over the mattress to make it incredibly soft (and it also protects the mattress). They can be found in department stores or stores like Wal-Mart...no need to get a new mattress if yours is too firm. Mattress pads make all the difference!

♥ Make the bed with fresh, clean sheets of a good quality. A thread count of at least 300 is good, otherwise they may feel scratchy. Being able to stretch out on smooth sheets at the end of the day is fabulous! Use wonderful smelling detergent that will envelope you and your dear husband as you get into bed and relax.

♥ If your pillows are old or mishapen, get new ones. These should be replaced every few years. The pillow is where the king and queen of the house lay their heads at night...they should be comfortable.

♥ Top it all off with a beautiful quilt or comforter. Pick a design and colors that will please you every time you walk into your bedroom. Your bed is the center focus of your bedroom, it should be a pleasure to see. Down comforters will keep you very warm in the winter, and a light quilt will give your bed a finished look, while not being too warm for the spring and summer.

♥ Snuggle into your heavenly bed with a good book and relax.



Read more homemaking posts.

Comments

  1. I just ordered a down comforter for our bed (we've only been married 17 years, it is our first one) and now we have to find a duvet cover - any suggesetions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mimi, I have found some really lovely duvet covers at Fortunoff's and Target (the Shabby Chic collection at Target has some quaint, very pretty, selections).

    Recently while shopping at Fortunoffs I saw some pretty spring/summer quilts. I bought one to use next year (it was on an end of season sale, so it was a great price).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Penelope - The Simple Woman's Daybook is hosted by Peggy at A Simple Woman blog. You can find the link in my sidebar on the left hand side on my blog. Hope this helps!

    Oh, the picture of Raquel Welch is an old picture. I think she still looks great for her age. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, thanks for the tips! I'm off to look.

    I do have to admit, Dh isn't so into the Shabby Chic, so I may have to forgo that line, sigh. I love it, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can buy duvet covers on ebay>> great prices!!Tuesday Morning is great too

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment