Delicious Pesto Sauce Recipe

Pesto recipeI absolutely love pasta...spaghetti, linguine, penne, spirals, all of it. I enjoy trying them with different sauces for variety, but my all time favorite is pesto sauce. Here is a great recipe:


Pesto Sauce

Ingredients

1 1/4 cups olive oil
2 cups fresh basil leaves, minced
1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
1/3 cup pine nuts
2 cloves garlic, crushed
salt and black pepper to taste

Add basil, pine nuts, garlic, and 1/2 cup olive oil to a blender and puree at a low speed. Pour mixture into a bowl and add remaining olive oil slowly, mixing well. Add parmesan cheese and mix well. Add salt and pepper and mix. Allow the sauce to sit at room temperature for about one hour. Add to your favorite pasta.

There are variations on this recipe that I have found, including different cheeses, but I love this one the best. I especially love pesto sauce with penne pasta, and maybe a side of garlic bread or romaine lettuce salad with a ceasar dressing...yummy!

Comments

  1. Hi Penelope,
    I just came by from Lady Lydia's and have enjoyed visiting your lovely blog. Blessings to you on your marriage and I hope you stop by my blog for a visit.
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sue. I'll be happy to stop by your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment