Christmas Recipe: Alcohol-Free Eggnog

Ingredients:
1 dozen medium eggs
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 quarts whole milk
1 pint heavy cream, whipped
powdered nutmeg

Separate eggs. Beat yolks in large serving bowl, adding sugar while beating. Stir in milk and cream. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Before serving, whip egg whites stiff and mix into eggnog. Dust with nutmeg.

This recipe is my version of an original from Mr. Boston Official Bartender's Guide and it is my favorite eggnog recipe. Their original recipe includes cognac, but my alcohol-free version is yummy too. Happy Christmas!

Comments

  1. yum! i love eggnog, wonder if this could be lower fat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a yummy recipe. I know that eggnog smells so good, but I am afraid to taste it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can replace the cream with 1/2 and 1/2 to start (that would cut out quite a bit of the fat) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It never occurred to me to make my own eggnog! I bet this is super tasty, I love eggnog. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment