Bachelorette Fans?

I don't know how many of you watch this show, but it's pretty much the only show I watch on TV. I don't even watch the Bachelor (women chasing men seems unnatural to me- flowers don't chase bees!) but I can't get enough of the Bachelorette. Maybe because competition, while bringing out the worst in women (they become catty, jealous, and worse) brings out the best in men (they become more gentlemanly, romantic, and considerate to win the girl).

the bachelorette
The current season features Ali Fedotowsky, a sweet California girl who has been unlucky in love in the past. Those of you who have been watching all along know that there are only a handful of men left, and some ratings-pushing scandals are coming up. I'm not really concerned with that. I'm more concerned with why these bachelorettes, from Meredith (season 2) onward seem to keep picking the worst choices. Don't women know what a good man is?

My favorite this season is the seemingly good-hearted, family-oriented Chris Lambert (who apparently has a big fan club across America now...if he doesn't win Ali's heart, he'd make a perfect Bachelor for the next season). The problem? Ali doesn't seem to think as much of him. She kept Kasey around because he promised to guard and protect her heart, and she keeps Chris around because he clearly has what it takes to stick it out for the long haul, and happily, so obviously she worries about getting hurt again. But then, she takes out the guys, one by one, who are less aggressive and exciting. I worry this means Chris will go, and at that point, I don't think any of the guys will be her right guy.

Roberto is sweet, but she feels less attractive with him. Frank scares me...he has a wired, too much caffiene look that is unappealing, and he's too intense. Everything seems do or die with him, and he seems very jealous when Ali pays attention to the other guys (um, don't you know the premise of the show Frank? She is supposed to get to know 25 different guys, to make the best choice). He strikes me as the type who'd start looking for a replacement if his girlfriend or wife didn't constantly pay him attention and feed his ego. Justin clearly has issues with honesty (he tells everyone a different story, sneaks around, and I'm reading that he actually has two girlfriends waiting for him back home), and I also read that Ty's bitter ex-wife is angry that he started to apply to be on the show- before their divorce.

I admit, I have a crush on Chris L...I have a weak spot for sweet, sincere, open guys who love their family. That he made the choices in life that he did (quit a job to spend his mom's last years with her before she passed away) and that he admires his dad for being a good husband also says a lot. Unfortunately, when he tries to hi-five her in one scene, she pulls her hand away. In another scene where he hugs her, she turns away after to face the other guys, never giving him a second look or thought. It seems her heart is elsewhere, which reminds me of previous Bachelorettes (except Trist), who base their choices on anything but what what makes a good husband.

My guesses for the show (Penelope's Theories, lol): Ali either does pick Chris, and all these other things are red herrings, including her body language (she is a psychology major after all) so we don't know it (there isn't as much talk about him around, so that might seems to confirm it- magazines are focused on the other guys). Otherwise, I'm guessing she reunites with Jake, and his "relationship" with Vienna since their show ended was a farce to cover it up. He did after all just break up with her.

Rumors about Frank reuniting with an ex seem to indicate that bug-eyed man really can't handle the competition, so spitefully looks up another woman (hey, if Ali has other guys, why should he have to wait? She should stop doing the show, dump them all, and run of with Frank! :) Ok, I'm being snarky, but he rubs me the wrong way big time).

All the men who are left would be attractive to Ali, or else she would not have them around. I'm guessing she also feels chemistry with them. I'm still hoping that this Bachelorette makes the right choice, though, and picks a man based on his values and ability to be a good husband and father, and not just on how googly he makes her feel while hamming it up for a TV show.

PS I tried finding photos of Chris, but unfortunately wasn't able to do so.

Comments

  1. I only watched one episode, much by accident.
    I don't watch much TV. But I was roped in by the show and if I wasn't so busy and could remember when it can on I might have watch all the episodes! :)
    So thanks for the update on the show... I was curious about all the happenings! I saw Ali on the cover of a magazine and resisted the temptation to spend my money on it!
    So again thanks for the update! Ali seems like a sweet girl I too hope she makes the right choice,
    but some how feel a TV show is never the way to find MR.Right!

    I met my hubby on a blind date.....we are happily with 6 kiddos so far!

    Warm Blessings,
    Georgiann

    PS I have been a follower of you blog for some time now....but rarely say HI!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you did :)

    You can't find Mr Right on TV if all the contestants are Mr Wrongs who just want to be on TV! Many of these guys don't even know who the girl is before they go on, so how do they even know they like her? The premise of the show is difficult, because it often seems more about beating the rest than about the person you are pursuing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bachelorette! I am not sure which one chris is though, because I always have nicknames for all the guys! I love the landscaper! He should get his own show next season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha! I just watched it last night, and I tried so hard to pay attention to the names! I just can't remember them at all! I still love the landscaper, and if he doesn't make it to the end, he should get his own show!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the show. Check out this video that i found. It's so romantic...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCt-auETVdY

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment