Some Nifty Blog-Building Sites!

I've been learning about some fun web-sites that help you learn how to build up a blog or web-site. Some grade your site, or tell you about your visitors, or other information that may help if you are trying to build up a blog, especially for those of you who are trying to get into at-home businesses that run through the internet. I've been emailed a few times in the past by newbie bloggers just starting out (less than a month or two), asking for help, but I'm by no means an expert and am just learning too, so was not able to give much info in this respect. Now that I am coming across some sites (and even tried using a couple), I'll start posting about them, in hopes that some of it may be helpful to some of my followers.

It took me over a year to find these sites and even start learning about terms like "SEO"; it may help some of you who are established and would like to learn more.

A great site is called Pro-Blogger- this guy teaches a 31 day course on how to improve your blog, and has load of other great info as well.

Another site is called the Web-Site Grader, which compares your site to millions of blogs and sites and scores you. An SEO expert would probably know how to improve their score, and I'm not one, but if you are ever curious about how well your blog is doing, and how it compares to other sites (blogs or not) this is fun to try out. The results of your test tell you where you are doing well, what to improve (and how), etc.

The last new fun site is called Crazy Egg...I didn't purchase a membership (which allows unlimited tests) but I did try it out, and it's great because it shows you where the hot spots on your blog are. If you want to bring attention to a button, a picture, a link, if you ever decide to advertise, or if you just want to know the part of your blog that get the most attention and hits, this cool web-site will tell you. It tells you where people are visiting from, too, what links they hit, and more...lots of fun!

Comments

  1. Thanks for posting this! I regularly use Stat Counter and Google Analytics, but I'm going to check out the others as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, Michelle, let me know if you find them helpful. There are lots out there, sometimes it's overwhelming, and just finding a few that help and are too the point is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use stat counter and website grader among many others. I will check out crazy egg. It looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A nice informative post, Penelope!

    I have so much to learn!

    I am bookmarking this page so I can return :)

    Hope baby boy is moving -on- down the birth highway :)

    Faythe @GMT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your welcome Grammy and Mirage...more is coming soon! There are lots of great on-line resources that I'm only just learning about, and am happy to share with others so we all improve together.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment