Pregnant Woman's Helpers 101

Being pregnant is a wonderful gift, because I know a little blessing will soon join our family. Nevertheless, I'm on an endless quest for great products that ease the transition for my ever-changing body along this journey.

I found a great company, Mambino Organics, that makes a great kit called Bun in the Oven. It comes with oh baby! belly butter (softens the appearance of old stretch marks and helps prevent new ones), youth glow omega face complex (a lightweight oil rich in fatty acids that gives skin a radiant glow), moisture me body toning oil (boost collagen production while it firms the areas it's applied to), mandarin creme organic body wash (contains saponified oils of olive & coconut and red mandarin, and does not strip the skin of oils), and kissable lips (a moisturizing lip balm). Everything smells utterly heavenly (the lip balm is unscented), and the ingredients are all 100% organic and pure. How much better can you treat yourself and your baby while pregnant than that?

My favorite product in the kit is the body oil. I put this on my tummy every day, and already know this will be a staple for the duration of my pregnancy. It seems more effective to me than plain cocoa butter, or any other cream or oil I've tried on my tight tummy skin. It contains avocado and jojoba oils, and is scented with pomegranate oil. I love it so much, I find myself applying it multiple times a day, because the smell is so divine and the product is so soothing. I highly recommend it!

The body wash is also a favorite of mine. It is soap- free and contains red mandarin and chamomile essential oils, as well as aloe vera extract. Despite being all natural, it foams very well with a wash cloth or sponge. A friend of mine, who loved the youth glow face complex so much she took it from me, says it helped reduce the redness on her face, so while I didn't try that item myself, I can also post a good review on that as well. It contains evening primrose and hazelnut oils.

As part of their eco-friendly mission, this company packages everything in attractive, 100% recycled and recyclable materials (even the loose fill in the packaging is made from vegetable starch which dissolves upon contact with water), so you'll feel secure and good about both buying and using these products. Everything in this kit is also sold separately on their web-site.

Another great product is the Critical Care Kit For Moms-To-Be by Miss Oops. It contains three products to make the life of an expectant mom easier. First, there are five Popper Stoppers, used to cover a popped belly button when you wear a thin top, or are going to a formal event and want a smooth belly profile in your elegant, clingy maternity gown. My belly button has not popped yet, but the women in my mom group who have tried this say it's great and works well.

This kit also contains a Rescue Sponge, which you use dry to rub out accidents on your clothes, such as deodorant marks or make-up powder. I tried this a few times, and it works great. They are reusable and can be used on any fabric.

Last but not least, Pedicure in a Bottle, an exfoliating cream that does not even need to be rubbed in or washed off...simply apply, and you can put your shoes on immediately (no slippery feeling due to the non-greasy formula). Their web-site does not say this, but since this product contains salicylic acid, diabetics may need to be cautious when using it (or avoid it altogether) and pregnant women should probably ask their doctor first too, just to be sure (it contains salicylic acid, glycolic acid, and menthol, and small amounts can be absorbed systemically- better safe than sorry).

The products in this kit are also sold separately, for those who would just like to try the Popper Stoppers or Rescue Sponge.

My tummy grows bigger each day, my baby is kicking energetically (especially when I'm laying down to sleep!), and I no longer fit into much of my pre-pregnancy clothes (yet don't want to splurge on a wardrobe that I'll only be wearing for a few months before retiring it or giving it to a pregnant friend). I've been told you can save your maternity clothes for the next pregnancy, but based on the clothes that were given to me by others, if you don't use them within a couple of years, they start to look old and outdated.




Luckily, I found the b-buckle, a sort of mini belt that allows you to expand the life of your jeans. It's made of a cotton/polyester blend and has multiple snaps that allow you to adjust it, from the day you start expanding. I am not even halfway through the snaps yet, so my guess is that this product will allow me to wear jeans for another month or two at the very least. If you are a woman who loves to wear jeans often, but aren't fond of maternity jeans with those huge spandex bands on top, this would probably be a great alternative for you. It comes with different designs (mine is a plain black design) and is thick enough to cover the top part of the zipper (if you can't zipper all the way up anymore, like me).

These great finds have been carrying me well through the pregnancy thus far (and I'll be sure to post about any more I come across).

Comments

  1. You are such a darling. Never having had children I'm enjoying your posts. Also, thank you for your visits and thoughtful comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love being pregnant! My ovaries are twitching now. Following you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love all of this stuff!! I did the expander belt with my oldest, and the Mambino with my twins. I knew that my belly was going to get out of hand so needed to tame it! I so wish I had the popper stopper! That would have been so fabulous, my button was over popped I think!! Dropping in from SITS my fellow SITSa!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the little belt idea! Great for those first few months when you're too big for your normal stuff but feel silly in maternity wear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! New here but htought I sould comment. My babes are 7 and 10 now and I have to say the products just get better and better every year!
    Enjoy every second of your pregnancy..it goes by so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would go look in consignment shops for maternity clothes. I found some really nice clothes that were trend-appropriate. Also, target online usually has good maternity stuff.
    And my midwife gave me watermelon seed oil for my perineum to get it ready for birth. Might look into that, too. It really helped.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like great products! I think I'm a little too far along to try them but thanks for sharing your great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hiya from SITS!

    Reading this post makes me remember my own pregnancy...and sigh at my lack of such products then! The body oil looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wish I had some of these products when I was pg- could've really used some of them!
    Stopping by via sits- have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My oldest is 18, and I think I need a Rescue Sponge

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi from SITS!! You make we want a baby:) Happy Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this post! SO...not pregnant, but would use the first products anyways they sound so lovely...and the rest store away for when I do become pregnant one beautiful day! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like some great products--the youth glow facial sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Howdy! Visiting from SITS! I'll be following you. I wish I had discovered the Mambino when I was pregnant. I'm mommy to four darlings! Ages 13, 11, 9, and 17 mos. and boy did they do a number on my stomach. I wonder if I try it after the fact, will there be any improvement? Hmmmmm.... (JAT)

    ReplyDelete
  15. although i'm not pregnat, this post is wonderful! i can't believe how much pregnacy stuff is out there. wow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh that first picture brightened my day. Every time I see a pregnant woman I wonder about how is going to be when the hand of the gods touches me and I become a miracle maker myself.

    I stopped to leave you some comment love because you commented right before me in SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just stopping over from SITS and wanted to say hi!

    I hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those look great. I would have loved to have had those when I was pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dear Penelope. Awesome Blog. All the best from a warm athens,/tony

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love prego reccs. I will definitely be checking out the pant expander as I grow. I am following you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ok I was pregnant oh say 17 years ago or so but one thing I do remember is that Inevergotone stretch mark.Great huh.

    Well my secret vitamin E oil. I used it every day and night. Fabulous.

    Met you at SITS

    ReplyDelete
  22. love the b-buckles I needed that a couple months ago

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks ladies...I agree, these products are great.

    Wow, Tony, all the way from Athens? Thanks for visiting!

    Mimi, the rescue sponge works well, and my friends keep borrowing it when we go out.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Say Anything, you're right, you don't have to be pregnant to use some of these!

    Dee, thanks for the tip :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment